Convention Serves as Platform for Recognition
By Tom Lewis, USTFCCCA
October 29, 2012
An important function of the USTFCCCA is to recognize member programs, coaches and athletes for their successes in a given season or over the span of a career. Once again, the annual USTFCCCA Convention is where the best of the best will be honored. The following awards will be presented during the 2012 USTFCCCA Convention in Orlando:
- USTFCCCA Coaches Hall of Fame will recognize six outstanding individuals for their contributions to our sports
- The Bowerman will be presented to the most outstanding collegiate Track & Field male and female athletes of 2012
- The George Dales Award will be presented to an individual who has contributed greatly to the profession of track & field / cross country coaching.
- The Jimmy Carnes Award will be presented to an individual or individuals who have contributed greatly to the USTFCCCA.
- NCAA Division I, II & III Program of the Year Award will be presented to the coaching staff of the respective Men’s & Women’s programs who achieved the cumulative highest finishes in national championships in Cross Country, Indoor Track & Field and Outdoor Track & Field during the 2011 – 2012 seasons.
- Accusplit Relay Awards will be presented to the coaches of the top relay teams from the 2012 Outdoor season in Division I, II and III.
- Balfour National Championship Rings will be presented to the coaching staffs of the 2011 – 2012 Cross Country, Indoor Track & Field and Outdoor Track & Field National Champions in Division I, II and III.
The 2012 USTFCCCA Convention will take place December 17 – 20 at the JW Marriott Grande Lakes Resort & Spa in Orlando, FL. Complete details and registration information for the convention can be found HERE.