Convention Serves as Platform for Recognition
An important function of the USTFCCCA is to recognize member programs, coaches and athletes for their successes in a given season or over the span of a career. Once again, the annual USTFCCCA Convention is where the best of the best will be honored. The following awards will be presented during the 2012 USTFCCCA Convention in Orlando:
- USTFCCCA Coaches Hall of Fame will recognize six outstanding individuals for their contributions to our sports
- The Bowerman will be presented to the most outstanding collegiate Track & Field male and female athletes of 2012
- The George Dales Award will be presented to an individual who has contributed greatly to the profession of track & field / cross country coaching.
- The Jimmy Carnes Award will be presented to an individual or individuals who have contributed greatly to the USTFCCCA.
- NCAA Division I, II & III Program of the Year Award will be presented to the coaching staff of the respective Men’s & Women’s programs who achieved the cumulative highest finishes in national championships in Cross Country, Indoor Track & Field and Outdoor Track & Field during the 2011 – 2012 seasons.
- Accusplit Relay Awards will be presented to the coaches of the top relay teams from the 2012 Outdoor season in Division I, II and III.
- Balfour National Championship Rings will be presented to the coaching staffs of the 2011 – 2012 Cross Country, Indoor Track & Field and Outdoor Track & Field National Champions in Division I, II and III.
The 2012 USTFCCCA Convention will take place December 17 – 20 at the JW Marriott Grande Lakes Resort & Spa in Orlando, FL. Complete details and registration information for the convention can be found HERE.