World-Renowned Jumps Coach Peter Stanley Joins Convention Lineup
October 10, 2012
Peter Stanley, one of the most highly regarded Jumps coaches in the world, will be a featured clinician at the USTFCCCA convention in Orlando this December. Stanley is best known for his work with Olympic Gold and Silver medalist, two time World Champion and current World Record holder Jonathan Edwards . He currently serves as the National Coach Mentor – Triple Jump for England Athletics.
In addition to Edwards, Stanley has guided World Championship medalist Chris Tomlinson (long jump) and Jadel Gregorio of Brazil. All told, Stanley has coached 26 different athletes who have medaled in international competition.
Stanley has served as a national team coach for Great Briton at multiple World Championships, European Championships and Commonwealth Games. His success has not been defined solely based on Olympic and World championship caliber athletes. He’s also coached numerous Under 17 and Jr’s to international success and most recently served as the Head Coach for Team England at the Youth Commonwealth Games.
A member of the National Coaching Foundation Hall of Fame, Stanley was awarded the Sam Massabini Medal by that organization. The Sam Massabini Medal recognizes “the contribution of coaches of UK performers who have achieved outstanding success on the world stage”.
Stanley will present two technical sessions titled:
- Engineering a World class Triple jumper
- Compare & Contrast Short Sprinting with Horizontal Jumps Approach
He will also participate in a separate question and answer session that will be moderated by Boo Schexnayder, Director of the USTFCCCA Track & Field Academy and himself an internationally recognized Jumps coach and clinician.
The USTFCCCA Convention will feature over 40 technical, professional development and assistant coach development sessions over the course of the convention. All sessions are included with the price of your convention registration. A complete list of presenters as well as other convention information can be found at http://www.ustfccca.org/ustfccca-convention
Official Hotel Website
For more information on the hotel or what the JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes has to offer, check out the link below.
JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
Book Your Room
Rooms are available on a first come, first served basis so be sure to book early. Click the link below to book your room.
JW Marriott Booking Site
Latest Convention Headlines
- January 11, 2013 - USTFCCCA Service Awards Presented at Convention Opening Session
- December 16, 2012 - Nation’s Top Relays of 2012 to Be Honored Tuesday by Accusplit
- December 12, 2012 - USTFCCCA Convention Returns to Orlando
- November 19, 2012 - Early Registration Deadline Quickly Approaching for Convention
- November 13, 2012 - Lots of Track & Field Academy Offerings Available at Convention
- November 12, 2012 - Annual Golf Tournament, PGA Event Onsite Part of Convention Fun
- November 7, 2012 - The Benefits of Attending the 2012 USTFCCCA Convention
- October 29, 2012 - Convention Serves as Platform for Recognition
- October 25, 2012 - Seminar Featuring Dr. Carylynn Kemp Added to Convention
- October 18, 2012 - Five Past Winners, ESPN’s John Anderson to Return for The Bowerman