Nominations Open for 2016 Cross Country “Excellence in Communications” Awards
NEW ORLEANS – Nominations for the Excellence in Communications Awards for the 2016 collegiate cross country season, to be presented by the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) to outstanding athletics communications representatives, are officially open as of Tuesday.
Athletics communications representatives at schools and conferences who demonstrated excellent coverage and support of collegiate track & field and cross country throughout the season are eligible for the award. The nominating process is open to coaches, other athletics communications representatives, media members and the general public.
Nominations can be completed here and are due no later than Wednesday, December 14, 2016.
The efforts of these hard-working individuals around the nation are crucial in generating interest and exposure for the sports of collegiate track & field and cross country, and the USTFCCCA will honor three – one per NCAA Division – after both the track & field and cross country seasons.
Winners for cross country will be announced no later than Friday, December 16. All awards will be selected by the USTFCCCA communications staff.
Among the criteria considered for the award:
- Exhibiting consistent, innovative, high-quality coverage of the sport
- Demonstrating a record of improving coverage and public awareness in the area/campus, etc.
- Taking risks with their decisions in hopes of increasing awareness of the sport
- Displaying the utmost professionalism in interactions with the media, coaches and student-athletes.
- Effectively and cleverly utilizing multimedia and social media.
- Bringing understanding to an individual/subject/cause through excellence in feature writing, producing or promoting.
For more information, please contact USTFCCCA Director of Media, Broadcasting & Analytics Tom Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org.