NAIA ITF National Athletes of the Week (January 24-30)
NEW ORLEANS – The NAIA Indoor Track & Field National Athletes of the Week were announced Wednesday by the Association.
CLICK HERE for the full NAIA National Athlete of the Week calendar.
NAIA Men’s Indoor Track Athlete of the Week
Brent Rodden, Siena Heights (Mich.)
Sr., Taylor, Mich.
- Placed 1st in the 800m with a time of 1:53.77.
- This time is the top time in all of the NAIA this season.
NAIA Men’s Indoor Field Athlete of the Week
Erik Escobedo, Bethel (Ind.)
Sr., Mishawaka, Ind.
- Placed 1st in the weight throw with a mark of 21.5.
- This is a Bethel record and the top mark in all of NAIA this season.
NAIA Women’s Indoor Athlete of the Week
Anna Shields, Point Park (Pa.)
Jr., Torrington, Conn.
- Placed 1st in the 600m with a time of 1:33.49.
- Placed 3rd in the mile with a time of 4:43.63.
- Shields broke her own NAIA record for the season in the mile.
NAIA Women’s Indoor Field Athlete of the Week
Chantel Kyler, Clarke (Iowa)
Jr., Shabonna, Ill.
- Placed 1st in High Jump with a mark of 1.71m.
- Kyler broke the Clarke record and set the second-best mark in the NAIA this season.