NAIA ITF National Athletes of the Week (February 14)
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The NAIA announced its National Indoor Track & Field Athletes of the Week on Wednesday.
Recipients are Quintaveon Poole of Wayland Baptist (Texas) and Alex Wellington of Hastings (Neb.) for the men and Molly Vitale-Sullivan of College of Idaho and Plenseh-Tay Sakeuh of Taylor (Ind.) for the women.
For the full NAIA National Athlete of the Week calendar, click here
NAIA Men’s Indoor Track Athlete of the Week
Quintaveon Poole, Wayland Baptist (Texas)
Jr., Sandersville, Ga.
- Placed 1st in the 400 with a time of 46.27 (converted to 47.01)
- This time is the top time in the NAIA this season and broke a 20-year-old school record
NAIA Men’s Indoor Field Athlete of the Week
Alex Wellington, Hastings (Neb.)
Sr., Tucson, Ariz.
- Placed 1st in the shot put with a mark of 18.45m
- This mark is a PR, a track record, and the top mark in the NAIA this season
- Placed 2nd in the weight throw with a mark of 19.45m
NAIA Women’s Indoor Athlete of the Week
Molly Vitale-Sullivan, College of Idaho
So., Pocatello, Idaho
- Broke the school record for the 5K with a time of 17:12.13
- Set the top time in the NAIA this season
- Ran the third-fastest time in school history in the 3K with a time of 9:55.46
NAIA Women’s Indoor Field Athlete of the Week
Plenseh-Tay Sakeuh, Taylor (Ind.)
Jr., Lapel, Ind.
- Placed 1st in the Long Jump with a mark of 5.76
- The mark set a personal best is sixth in the NAIA this season