NAIA ITF National Athletes of the Week (January 31-February 6)
NEW ORLEANS – The NAIA Indoor Track & Field National Athletes of the Week were announced Wednesday by the Association.
CLICK HERE for the full NAIA National Athlete of the Week calendar.
NAIA Men’s Indoor Track Athlete of the Week
Tre Hinds, Wayland Baptist (Texas)
Jr., Ashton Hall, Barbados
- Placed 3rd in the 800 with a time of 1:50.41
- Broke the school record and sets the NAIA best mark this season
- Placed 2nd in the 4×400 Relay that set the school record and best time in the NAIA this season with a time of 3:12.56
NAIA Men’s Indoor Field Athlete of the Week
Winston Lawson, Vanguard (Calif.)
Jr., Santa Ana, Calif.
- Placed 1st in five-of-seven Heptathlon events
- Leads NAIA in the Heptathlon standings by almost 300 points
NAIA Women’s Indoor Track Athlete of the Week
Emily Kearney, SCAD Atlanta (Ga.)
So., Wirral, U.K.
- Set the best mark in the NAIA this season in the 3000m
- This time broke the previous best mark this season by 24 seconds
NAIA Women’s Indoor Field Athlete of the Week
Chelsea Baker, Friends (Kan.)
Sr., Pittsburg, Kan.
- Placed 1st in the High Jump, Triple Jump, and Long Jump
- The high jump mark of 1.75m broke the conference record and is the best mark in the NAIA this season