NAIA OTF National Athletes of the Week (March 28)
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The NAIA announced its National Athletes of the Week in outdoor track & field on Wednesday.
CLICK HERE for a full release schedule of NAIA National Athletes of the Week.
Men’s Outdoor Track Athlete of the Week
Oraine Palmer, Wiley
JR, Kingston, Jamaica
- Finished 2-of-57 athletes in the 200-meter dash with a time of 20.91
- Finished 4-of-44 athletes in the 100-meter dash with a time of 10.39
- Palmer is a championship qualifier in both events
Men’s Outdoor Field Athlete of the Week
Isaac Stuckey, Grace
JR, Alexandria, Ind.
- Finished 1-of-35 athletes in the hammer throw with an “A” mark of 57.13 at the IWU Polar Bear Invitational
- That mark set a new school and conference record.
Women’s Outdoor Track Athlete of the Week
Natasha Poleon, Wiley
SR, Vieux Fort, St. Lucia
- Recorded first in the 100-meter dash and second in the 200-meter dash at the Bobby Lane Invitational
- Earned a championship qualifying time in the 200-meter dash with a time of 24.38
Women’s Outdoor Field Athlete of the Week
Chelsea Baker, Friends
SR, Pittsburg, Kan.
- Recorded a school record in the Heptathlon with a mark of 4983
- Baker hit ‘A’ marks in the high jump (1.70m) and long jump (5.81m) at the Arkansas Spring Invitational