NAIA OTF National Athletes of the Week (April 4)
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The NAIA announced its National Athletes of the Week in outdoor track & field on Wednesday.
Devonte Fletcher of Tennessee Wesleyan and Grant Wickham of Hastings (Neb.) were the men’s honorees, while Anna Shields of Point Park (Pa.) and Keely Parish of Hastings (Neb.) brought home the women’s honors.
CLICK HERE for a full release schedule of NAIA National Athletes of the Week.
Men’s Outdoor Track Athlete of the Week
Devonte Fletcher, Tennessee Wesleyan
Junior, Huntsville, Ala.
- Finished first in three-of-four events that he participated in at the Montreat College Invitational.
- He anchored the school record and winning 4×100 relay team, and helped the team hit the NAIA "A" standard.
- Stepped in on short notice in the 4×400 relay for a teammate as the anchor leg, and helped lead them to a school record time
Men’s Outdoor Field Athlete of the Week
Grant Wickham, Hastings (Neb.)
Junior, Philipsburg, Kan.
- Finished first out of 17 athletes in the hammer throw with a new school record of 62.54m at the Bronco Invite.
- Finished first out of 12 athletes in the javelin with a qualifying mark of 60.95m.
Women’s Outdoor Track Athlete of the Week
Anna Shields, Point Park
Junior, Torrington, Conn.
- Earned three, first-place finishes at the Bethany (W.Va.) Invitational in the 800, 1500 and 4×400 relay.
- Recorded new facility and school records in each of those events.
Women’s Outdoor Field Athlete of the Week
Keely Parish, Hastings (Neb.)
Junior, Longmont, Colo.
- Finished first out of 19 athletes in the hammer throw with a qualifying mark of 54.56m.
- Finished second out of 12 athletes in the discus with a qualifying mark of 49.12m.