2018 NAIA Men’s Cross Country National Coaches’ Poll – Preseason
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Oklahoma City secures the No. 1 ranking in the NAIA Men’s Cross Country Coaches’ Preseason Top 25 Poll, announced the national office on Wednesday.
No. 2 Colombia (Mo.) and No. 3 Southern Oregon received the other first-place votes with five and one, respectively.
The other two teams in the top-5 are No. 4 Lewis-Clark State (Idaho) and No. 5 St. Francis (Ill.).
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 1999):
- Oklahoma City moved to the No. 1 preseason rank after taking a No. 3 spot on the 2017 postseason poll.
- Southern Oregon holds the record for the most No. 1 rankings with 34 all time.
- Southern Oregon also holds the record for the longest active streak of being in the Top 25 with 91 straight appearances, dating back to 2008.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is given one rater for every four schools in the league.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 25 points for each first-place vote, 24 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
- For the complete Top 25 calendar, CLICK HERE.