2018 NAIA Women’s Cross Country National Coaches’ Poll – Week 3
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – No. 1 ranked Wayland Baptist (Texas) stays on top after placing first in a big mid-week meet, the national office announced on Wednesday.
The Pioneers earned 14 of 21 possible first-place votes this week. Five first-place votes went to No. 2 Taylor (Ind.), while the remaining two went to No. 3 SCAD Atlanta (Ga.).
Oregon Tech and Aquinas (Mich.) round out the top-5 in fourth and fifth, respectively.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 1999):
- Top-ranked Wayland Baptist takes its first 2018 victory at the South Plains College Open this past week. The team captured the first place finish over 10 other teams.
- Simon Fraser (B.C.) holds the record for the most No. 1 rankings with 41 all time.
- College of Idaho holds the record for the longest consecutively-ranked active school, appearing in 78-straight polls.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is represented by one rater.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.” For the complete Top 25 calendar, CLICK HERE.