CONVENTION UPDATE: Women In Coaching Seminar Is Bigger Than Ever
The Women in Coaching Seminar at the annual USTFCCCA Convention enters its sixth year in 2019 and is bigger and better than ever.
For those uninitiated, the Women in Coaching Seminar has been held on the first official day of the USTFCCCA Convention every year since 2014. This year that date is Monday, December 16. Each and every female coach who is registered for the USTCCCA Convention is invited to take part in the event, which has grown leaps and bounds.
Attendees to the Women in Coaching Seminar in 2019 will have their choice of attending three 30-minute roundtables of the five that are being offered.
- Money Matters: The Art of Negotiating Salary and Benefits
- Discussion led by Toledo Director of Cross Country and Track & Field Andrea Grove-McDonough and Northwestern head cross country coach Jill Miller
- Career Navigation: The Where, When and Whys
- Discussion led by North Central (Ill.) head women’s track & field coach Kari Kluckhohn and Wyoming assistant coach Carrie Lane
- The Double Shift: Exceling at Coaching and Motherhood
- Discussion led by Minnesota head women’s cross country coach and assistant track & field coach Sarah Hopkins and Murray State assistant coach Kelsey Riggins
- Beyond the Handbook: The Tough Situations and Conversations We Face Annually
- Discussion led by UNLV head women’s track & field coach Yvonne Wade and Virginia Union head men’s and women’s cross country and track & field coach Melissa Ferry
- Coaching Work/Life Compromise: The Art of Clarifying Your Values to Best Prioritize Professional/Personal Choices That Let You Sleep at Night
- Discussion led by Arizona assistant coach Francesca Green and Bluffton Director of Cross Country and Track & Field Kaylea Jachno
Be sure to check out the USTFCCCA Convention website for more information about the Women in Coaching Seminar as well as the entire USTFCCCA Convention, which will take place from December 16-20 at the Grande Lakes Resort in Orlando, Florida.