2020 NAIA Men’s Cross Country National Coaches’ Poll – Week 3
(provided by the NAIA National Office)
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Huntington (Ind.) lands at No. 1 in the latest edition of the 2020-21 NAIA Men’s Cross Country Coaches’ Top 25 Poll. The Foresters have now been ranked at No. 1 for two consecutive polls this season.
NAIA — Men's Cross Country
This Week's National Top Five
Saint Mary (Kan.)
Cross Country Polls & Rankings
There was no change in the order of the other teams in the top-5 from Week 2 as Saint Mary (Kan.), Taylor (Ind.), Embry-Riddle (Ariz.) and Cornerstone (Mich.) all fall in line behind Huntington (Ind.).
Lewis-Clark State made a splash in Week 3 as it went from not being ranked to No. 6.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is represented by one rater.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”