2020 NAIA Women’s Cross Country National Coaches’ Poll – Week 3
(provided by the NAIA national office)
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Taylor (Ind.) lands at No. 1 for the third time this season in the latest edition of the 2020-21 NAIA Women’s Cross Country Coaches’ Top 25 Poll.
NAIA — Women's Cross Country
This Week's National Top Five
St. Francis (Ill.)
Cross Country Polls & Rankings
There were a few changes to the order of the top-5 teams behind the Trojans, as St. Francis (Ill.) remains No. 2, but is followed by No. 3 Milligan (Tenn.), No. 4 Dordt (Iowa) and No. 5 Huntington (Ind.).
College of Idaho was the biggest mover in the top-10, jumping five spots from No. 11 to No. 6 between Week 2 and Week 3.
• The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
• Each conference is represented by one rater.
• The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
• The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
• Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”