2021 NCAA Division I Men’s Track & Field All-Academic Athletes
NEW ORLEANS – Scholar Athletes of the Year and All-Academic Athletes for the 2021 NCAA Division I Men’s Track & Field seasons were announced on Thursday by the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA).
Cole Hocker of Oregon was named the NCAA Division I Men’s Indoor Track & Field National Scholar Track Athlete of the Year, Patrick Dever of Tulsa was named the NCAA Division I Men’s Outdoor Track & Field National Scholar Track Athlete of the Year, while Turner Washington of Arizona State was named both the NCAA Division I Men’s Indoor Track & Field and Outdoor Track & Field National Scholar Field Athlete of the Year.
Overall, there were more than 850 men who were named All-Academic Athletes in NCAA Division I Men’s Track & Field.
Here is the criteria to be named an All-Academic Athlete:
Division I Track & Field All-Academic Athletes
- Minimum CUMULATIVE grade point average of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale, including the most recent grading period, certifiable by either NCAA Faculty Rep or NCAA Compliance Coordinator or Registrar’s Office. Institutions utilizing a different GPA scale must convert the GPA to a 4.0 scale using the standard conversion method [GPA/Scale x 4.0].
- Must have completed at least two (2) semesters or three (3) quarters at the nominating institution.
- Athletic criteria for the award:
- For the indoor season: must have finished the season ranked in the top 96 in any championship individual event, or in the top 48 in any championship relay event, for the most recent indoor season, certifiable by their place on final season performance lists on TFRRS for Indoor Track and Field (including performances achieved outside the qualifying window during the indoor season).
- For the outdoor season: must have participated in any round of the NCAA Division I Outdoor Track and Field Championships (the Preliminary Championship Competition and/or the Final Championship Competition) or for the multi-events, must have finished the season ranked in the top 48 in the East or top 48 in the West for the most recent outdoor season, certifiable by their place on the NCAA Division I
See below for a full list of All-Academic Athletes from the 2021 NCAA Division I Men’s Track & Field seasons.