2021 NCAA Division III Women’s Track & Field All-Academic Athletes
NEW ORLEANS – Scholar Athletes of the Year and All-Academic Athletes for the 2021 NCAA Division III Women’s Track & Field seasons were announced on Thursday by the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA).
Bailey Forsyth of Pacific Lutheran was named the NCAA Division III Women’s Outdoor Track & Field National Scholar Track Athlete of the Year, while Sydney Thompson of UW-Oshkosh was named the NCAA Division III Women’s Outdoor Track & Field National Scholar Field Athlete of the Year.
Overall, there were more than 650 women who were named All-Academic Athletes in NCAA Division III Track & Field.
Here is the criteria to be named an All-Academic Athlete:
Division III Track & Field All-Academic Athletes
- Minimum CUMULATIVE grade point average of 3.30 on a 4.0 scale through the most recently completed grading period. Institutions utilizing a different GPA scale must convert the GPA to a 4.0 scale using the standard conversion method [GPA/Scale x 4.0]. Data must be certifiable by the institution’s registrar.
- Graduate students must take all undergraduate plus graduate coursework into account.
- Meet one of the following
- Must have finished the indoor season among the top 50 individuals as listed on the descending order lists on TFRRS. In addition, any athletes not among the top 50, but who participated at the Indoor or Outdoor National Championships, are eligible
- Must have competed as a member of one of the top 35 relay teams as listed on the indoor descending order list on TFRRS. In addition, any athletes not among the top 35 relay teams, but who particpated in the relay at the Indoor or Outdoor National Championships, are eligible. Finally, any competing relay team member on an expanded descending order list to include 35 institutions (1 relay team per institution) is eligible.
See below for a full list of All-Academic Athletes from the 2021 NCAA Division III Women’s Track & Field seasons.