Track & Field Academy -- Course Offering
Combined Events Specialist Certification
|Dates:||July 14-18, 2013|
|Location:||Loyola University, Lakeshore Campus
1032 W. Sheridan Rd., Chicago, IL 60660
|Course(s) Offered:||Combined Event Specialist Certification|
|Cost:||Course tuition is $450. Payment arrangements are detailed in the registration process.|
|APPLY:||Click HERE to APPLY for this course|
|Host Hotel:||A Room and Board Package is available for $425. Details can be found in the student information flier.|
|PDF Brochure:||Click HERE for the PDF Brochure|
The Combined Event Specialist Certification Course is a high level, detailed 36 hour courses covering all aspects of technical coaching of the combined events. The course is taught over five days. Each section is illustrated with and the student given pertinent, animated video created specifically for this course, to enhance clarity and understanding. Topics included in the course are:
- Basics of Training Theory and Design for the Combined Events
- An Introduction to the Combined Events
- Physiology of the Combined Events
- Musculoskeletal Function for the Combined Events
- Motor Learning for the Combined Events
- Physical Performance Components for the Combined Events
- Training Components for the Combined Events
- Training Design for the Combined Events
- Peripheral Issues in Training Design for the Combined Events
- Competition and Training Scheduling and Management for the Combined Events
- Basics of Biomechanics and Technical Model Design for the Combined Events
- The Biomechanics of Sprinting and Running Skills
- The Biomechanics of Jumping
- The Biomechanics of Throwing
- Technical Training Design for the Combined Events
The SCC is the only program of its type that provides a true certification for successful completion of its event specific curriculum. The certification is granted for completing coursework, submitting an assigned training development project, and completing an online examination prior to a designated, post-course deadline.
Registration for the SCC is a two step process. Spaces are limited and admission is competitive. An applicant begins by completing an online application process. The application is then evaluated and if selected, the applicant is then notified and allowed 21 days to complete online registration for the course. Failure to register within 21 days may result in the applicant forfeiting the space.
The SCC is taught only by highly respected coaches, who have proven themselves in the coaching field and have extensive experience in the teaching profession. Contact the USTFCCCA office for information regarding the instructors for the SCC course you plan to attend. this years Combined Events Staff includes Phil Lundin and Jim Van Hootegem.
For More Information
For additional information about SCC course offerings, contact Mike Corn at email@example.com or (504) 599-8903.