This course is completely sold out. We aren’t accepting any additional participants and there is no waiting list.
Please consider these other options: Washington, DC – July 30 & 31 or Warwick, RI – August 2 & 3
About the Strength & Conditioning Coach Certfication
The Track and Field Academy’s Strength & Conditioning Coach Certification course is an 21 hour, high level, detailed course covering all aspects of strength training, as well as other key athletic qualities. Successful completion of the course and its evaluations grants the Track and Field Academy’s Strength and Conditioning Coach Certification. The curriculum covers all aspects of Strength and Conditioning for all sports, with additional applications of Strength and Conditioning for Track and Field and Cross Country. Technical sections are illustrated with take-home, animated video created specifically for this course, to enhance clarity and understanding. Topics included in the course are:
• Foundations of Training Design
• Energy System Physiology
• Neuromuscular Physiology
• Warmups and Cooldowns
• Training the Energy Systems
• Training Speed, Power and Coordination
• Foundations of Strength Training
• General Strength Training
• Medicine Ball Training
• Multijump Training
• Multithrow Training
• Foundations of Weight Training Program Design
• Weight Training Exercises and Exercise Choices
• Technique and Teaching of Weight Training Exercises
• Weight Training Administration, Safety and Testing
• Gross Training Design
• Weight Training Design
The Strength & Conditioning Coach Cerfication course is taught by highly respected coaches, who have proven themselves in the coaching field and have extensive experience in the teaching profession. The 2018 Staff includes Boo Schexnayder of LSU and Carrie Lane of Univeristy of Wyoming.
Tuition for the Strength & Conditioning Coach Cerfication course is $245. The deadline to register is June 15, 2018. There will be no on-site registration.
Registration is on a first come, first served basis and when classes are full, no additional registrations will be permitted. There are no prerequisite courses for this course. Registration will close June 20, 2018.
Room & Board Package
THE ROOM AND BOARD PACKAGE IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE
New Hall offers suite-style living. Each suite is quadruple-occupancy and has a private bedroom for each person and two bathrooms per suite. Click on the link above to see the floorplan. All linens are provided but you must provide your own toiletries.
Each suite is equipped with a kitchenette. The common areas of the building feature a large break-out meeting space, a public kitchen, and a central computer lab, in addition to individual floor lounges and laundry rooms.
Each suite will house four people. It is possible for you to request specific suitemate(s). If you don’t request specific suitemate(s), we will attempt to house you with people that are (a) in the same event group as you and (b) are relatively close in age. It will not be possible to mix genders in a suite unless all four people are acquainted with each other and agreeable to that arrangement. This policy applies to married couples as well.
Check in for housing will be Sunday, June 24 from 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM. Check out will be Tuesday, June 26 before 12:45 PM, unless attendee is staying for Special Certification Course. The 310 course concludes on Tuesday evening at 5:00 PM.
For attendees that have purchased the room and board package, meals will be served in the Kaufman Dining Center (#24 on the campus map). All attendees on the meal plan are required to present their NCC issued card at the dining hall upon entry.
The following all you can eat meals are included with the Room & Board package:
July 25 &26 – Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
For attendees that do not purchase the room and board package, meals can be purchased in Kaufman or at various locations on or near campus on a “pay as you go” basis.
Based on advice received from the Naperville CVB, taxis, Uber and Lyft appear to be the best option to get to and from either airport in Chicago. The average one way cost is around $40.00.
The average travel time from Midway Airport to campus is 30 minutes on the weekend and 45 minutes during the week.
The average travel time from O’Hare Airport to campus is 45 minutes on the weekend and 1 hour during the week.
If you are driving, you can find directions to campus here: https://www.northcentralcollege.edu/visit/directions-north-central-college
Parking on campus is free.
WIFI on campus is free.
Paid participants will receive instructions via email about how to download the course materials approximately two weeks prior to the start of the program. There is no suggested reading list to prepare for the program other than the course text that will come in the download of materials.
Important Dates & Times (Plan Travel Accordingly)
· Deadline to Register for Course 310 – Strength & Conditioning Coach Certification is June 20th (Class size is limited)
· Deadline to Purchase Room & Board is June 8th (Limited Availability)
· On campus housing check in for Course 310-Strength & Conditioning, is 3:00PM – 7:00 PM on June 24th
· Strength & Conditioning Coach Certification course starts at 8:00 AM on June 25th (must be present)
· Strength & Conditioning Coach Certification concludes at 5:00 PM on June 26th (no early departures allowed)
· 310 Participants – On campus guest rooms must be vacated by 12:45 PM on June 26 unless staying for Specialist Certification Course
What To Bring
- Download the course text and powerpoint prior to your arrival and bring that device with you.
- No printed copies of the text will be provided. If you want a paper copy of the text, you will have to print it in advance and bring it with you, on campus print services will not be available.
- Audiotaping or videotaping of the course is not allowed, so there is no need to bring a camera.
We suggest that you dress as comfortably as possible. Shorts & T-shirts are perfectly acceptable. The classrooms, dining hall & dorms are air conditioned, so if you tend to be cold you may want a light sweater, long sleeve T-Shirt or jacket to wear while in class or during meals.
For More Information
For additional information about SCC course offerings, contact Mike Corn at email@example.com or (504) 599-8903.