The Master’s Endorsement Mentorship (Course 701) is a yearlong, ongoing mentorship arrangement between a Master’s Endorsement candidate and an assigned mentor coach. The mentor is someone who is recognized as a highly experienced and successful coach in the candidate’s chosen area of study. The mentorship requires regular (minimally weekly) communication between the candidate and the mentor, taking the form of (but not limited to) emails and or telephone calls. The candidate must be able to document in writing all such communications for submission at the completion of the mentorship. Emails must be printed and presented, and the content of telephone calls must be documented in writing. The mentorship must last for a complete training year, including preseason training and the competitive season. If the candidates personal coaching situation involves multiple seasons, all seasons must be included.
Beginning Your Mentorship
When you have completed your coursework, you must complete and submit the Application for Mentorship . Once we have received this, we will:
1. Send you instructions explaining how to sign up for and pay for your mentorship
2. Assign you to a mentor
3. Send detailed information about the logistics of the mentorship process
4. Assign a date upon which your mentorship will begin and end
The mentorship fee is $275. Upon approval to the program Application for Mentorship you will be invoiced and given instructions to submit payment.
Yearlong mentorships are based on the school calendar. The deadline for applying for mentorship in a succeeding school year/season is July 15, except in Endurance events. Deadline for application for Endurance events is April 15 of the previous year.
Completing Your Mentorship
Upon completion of your mentorship, a Candidate’s Folio must be assembled, and three copies of the folio must be sent to the Master’s Endorsement Program Director. The director will forward the Folio to a three person committee that will, upon reviewing the materials, will determine if the Master’s Endorsement will be awarded to the Candidate. The mentor will serve on this committee, along with two other qualified persons chosen by the Master’s Endorsement Program Director.
The folio should consist of:
1. A cover page, listing the candidates name, email address, physical address, phone numbers, Mentor’s name, and the particular Master’s Endorsement being sought.
2. Printed copies of all emails and written reports documenting the contents of all other activities, including phone calls, visitations, practice observations, etc. These must be arranged in chronological order and dated accordingly.
Receiving Your Master’s Endorsement
Once a decision is made, you will receive notification from the Master’s Endorsement Program Director. You can expect this decision within 30 days of submission of your materials. No additional steps are required for you to receive your certificate, it should arrive within 30 days of your notification.