2020 NCAA Division III Men’s Track & Field All-Academic Teams
NEW ORLEANS – All-Academic Teams for the 2020 NCAA Division III Men’s Track & Field season were announced on Thursday by the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA).
Overall, there were 150 different programs honored for their academic excellence.
No program had a better cumulative GPA than Washington (Mo.) at 3.72.
Here is the criteria for being named an All-Academic Team.
Division III Track & Field All-Academic Teams
- Cumulative team GPA (not 2018-19 academic year, not semester) of all student-athletes who used a season of eligibility must be at least a 3.1 on a 4.0 scale through the most recent semester/quarter, computed by the following method:
- Total the cumulative number of semester hours or quarter hours earned for all student-athletes who used a season of eligibility, including the most recent grading period;
- Total the cumulative number of quality points (GPA multiplied by the number of credit hours) earned by all student-athletes who used a season of eligibility, including the most recent grading period;
- Divide the cumulative number of quality points earned by the cumulative number of semester or quarter hours earned.
- Institutions utilizing a different GPA scale than 4.0 then must convert the GPA to a 4.0 scale using the standard conversion method [GPA/Scale x 4.0]. Data must be certifiable by the institution’s registrar.
- Graduate students must take all undergraduate plus graduate coursework into account.