2020 NCAA Division III Men’s Track & Field All-Academic Athletes
NEW ORLEANS – All-Academic Athletes for the 2020 NCAA Division III Men’s Track & Field season were announced on Thursday by the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA).
Overall, there were 325 men from 107 institutions who were named All-Academic Athletes.
There were seven different programs with eight or more All-Academic Athletes, led by Washington (Mo.) with 17. Others with eight or more honorees were Williams (13), Nebraska Wesleyan (11), MIT (9), WPI (8), Ithaca (8) and North Central (Ill.) (8).
Fifteen men posted perfect cumulative GPAs of 4.0 and 12 different programs had at least one athlete do so, led by MIT with three.
Here is the criteria for being named an All-Academic Athlete.
Division III Track & Field All-Academic Individuals
- Minimum CUMULATIVE grade point average of 3.30 on a 4.0 scale through the most recently completed grading period. Institutions utilizing a different GPA scale must convert the GPA to a 4.0 scale using the standard conversion method [GPA/Scale x 4.0]. Data must be certifiable by the institution’s registrar.
- Graduate students must take all undergraduate plus graduate coursework into account.
- Meet one of the following athletic criteria:
- Must have finished the indoor season among the top 50 individuals as listed on the descending order lists on TFRRS. In addition, any athletes not among the top 50, but who were accepted into the Indoor National Championship, are eligible
- Must have competed as a member of one of the top 35 relay teams as listed on the indoor descending order list on TFRRS. In addition, any athletes not among the top 35 relay teams, but who were accepted in the relay at the Indoor National Championship (alternates are excluded), are eligible. Finally, any competing relay team member on an expanded descending order list to include 35 institutions (1 relay team per institution) is eligible.