2022 NCAA DIII Men’s Cross Country National Coaches’ Poll – Week 7
NEW ORLEANS – Conference Championships Weekend left its mark.
Here is the newest NCAA DIII Men’s Cross Country National Coaches’ Poll for the 2022 season, as released on Wednesday by the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA). Remember that this poll is conducted by counting votes from ten member coaches – one from each of the division’s ten regions – who also do the weekly Regional Rankings.
NCAA Division III — Men's Cross Country
This Week's National Top Five
North Central (Ill.)
Cross Country Polls & Rankings
The top-7 teams remained the same for the second week in a row – and for good reason: No. 1 Pomona-Pitzer, No. 2 MIT, No. 3 North Central (Ill.), No. 4 UW-La Crosse, No. 5 Wartburg, No. 6 RPI and No. 7 Williams all handled business at their conference championships. Each of those programs posted 45-point average margin of victories, while the second-ranked Engineers and third-ranked Cardinals recorded perfect, 15-point totals.
Seven of the next 12 teams improved their stock two or more spots since Week 6
- Emory went from No. 10 to No. 8 after its decisive podium-topping performance at the UAA Championships
- Olaf went from No. 14 to No. 12 following its victory at the MIAC Championships
- Haverford went from No. 15 to No. 13 thanks to a close runner-up finish at the Centennial Conference Championships (Johns Hopkins won by three points)
- John Carroll went from No. 17 to No. 14 after its 30-point victory at the OAC Championships
- Case Western Reserve went from No. 20 to No. 15 thanks to its third-place effort at the UAA Championships, highlighted by M-F Athletic National Athlete of the Week Joseph Jaster’s individual win
- Colby went from No. 24 to No. 17 after its runner-up showing at the NESCAC Championships
- UC Santa Cruz went from No. 25 to No. 19 after its dominating victory at the C2C Championships
Loras and UChicago both cracked the top-25 at No. 22 and No. 24, respectively.
Mark your calendars for Saturday, November 19, because that’s when the 2022 NCAA DIII Cross Country Championships will be held at the Forest Akers Golf Course in East Lansing, Michigan. Top athletes and teams from the 2022 season will take the course at noon ET.