2019 NAIA Men’s Cross Country National Coaches’ Poll – Preseason
The NAIA national cross country poll is coordinated and released by the NAIA National Office.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – After a banner year in 2018, Oklahoma City remains in the top spot to start the 2019 men’s cross country season.
NAIA — Men's Cross Country
This Week's National Top Five
St. Francis (Ill.)
Saint Mary (Kan.)
Cross Country Polls & Rankings
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 1999):
- Oklahoma City won its fourth title in 2018 and loses only two key players going into the 2019 season.
- Southern Oregon holds the record for the most No. 1 rankings with 43 all time.
- Southern Oregon is actively the most consecutively ranked team in the Top 25 poll with 100 consecutive appearances. This week the team is No. 4 in the poll.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is represented by one rater.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”