2019 NAIA Women’s Cross Country National Coaches’ Poll – Preseason
The NAIA national cross country poll is coordinated and released by the NAIA National Office.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Madonna (Mich.) opens the 2019 women’s cross country in the No. 1 spot after the team finished second at the 2018 national championship.
NAIA — Women's Cross Country
This Week's National Top Five
SCAD Atlanta (Ga.)
St. Francis (Ill.)
Cross Country Polls & Rankings
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 1999):
- Madonna (Mich.) finished second in the 2018 championship and returns their full roster from 2018 including three All-Americans.
- Simon Fraser (B.C.) holds the record for the most No. 1 rankings with 38 all-time.
- College of Idaho actively holds the longest consecutive streak in the poll at 81. The team is ranked at No. 8 in the preseason poll.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is represented by one rater.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”